Wednesday, April 28, 2010

wednesday...sick day

i ate something bad yesterday...Had to cancel dinner last night with good friends...that is feeling bad! So today I got half way to work and had to turn around and come home. It was snowing!
It was so pretty though, the white snow against the green grass and trees.

When I started feeling better I did the big bad job of moving winter clothes down and summer clothes up. I didn't feel good enough to sort them to discard the ones I don't wear...I just got them moved and I feel happy because now I have room in my closet again.

I'm just finishing up a novel entitled "Brooklyn" by Com Toibin. It the first of his books that I've read. It's pretty good... the time is set after WWII. Its about an Irish girl that comes to America through the sponsorship of an Irish American Priest. He finds a home for her with other Irish girls and gets her a job. There is a lot of prejudice against each other: Irish, Italian, and Blacks. The frustrating thing to me is that this young woman won't tell people what she's thinking especially her Mother, because she didn't really want to go to America, she felt her older sister should because she's beautiful and poised and capable. But it's neat because she learns to make her own choices and grows more confident and sure.... It's good! Try it!

Just talked to Lyssa. She and her two friends have just made it from Phoenix to Provo...they were so tired and acting silly and crazy and having such fun! They are here for the Women's conference at BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment