
The title of my blog is Latin for "time flies". That is such a reality for me.
Here I am, feeling about 40 but soon to celebrate my 65th birthday! How fast it all went...My three beautiful daughters are themselves busy wives and mothers and have given me eight wonderful grandchildren, five girls and three boys.
I only raised girls. I love my girls! and grand girls! Girls stuff is way-y-y fun! Hair stuff, lotions, bubblebath, powders, bath splash, fingernail polish, the huge choice of girlie fabrics and textures for their clothes and room furnishings. Girl colors are fabulous! and there is no limit to the fun things to buy for girls! And Hello Kitty, Fancy Nancy, and Baby Stella are just the beginning!
However, getting sons-in-law was such a fun addition to our family. I love these three guys and I don't want anything to happen that would make them not a part of our family. Because of this I have gotten myself into big trouble with my girls. They say I always stick up for the boys, their spouses.
See, I was raised in the fifties and sixties. We were taught that if a girl made her husband happy to be at home, if he could relax from the hard day at work, come home to a clean house and hot meal, he would want to be there and he would be, even when there were so many interesting women flirting with them at work and away from home. So yes, I spoiled Monty. Mostly because I loved doing things for him. I still do but when he tries to demand it, I rebell. And now after 38 years of marriage, he is doing many, many nice things for me too and is really spoiling me.
So now I have these wonderful young grandsons. I get the biggest kick out of them. They are so different from girls... how does it go...snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...and the things they say!
This seems disjointed and is way too long to start out with, but it does show even though I'm a Gramma, I still feel like a young wife starting out at times...there ya go....!



dear momma, i am glad you grew up in the fifties and sixtys and i am glad you are bossy, and you are a good example to us women folks. i rebel went monty bosses me too! :)
ReplyDeletei think you are a groovy gramma.+
ReplyDeleteWe had the Leathams here this weekend. Bella and Sophie bonded. No more jumping up on her. They followed each other around the yard all day Saturday and Sunday when they came up missing and I was near a panic when I ran in the house to get a jacket, 3 minutes tops and I came out and no one in the back yard where I left them, no one on the South side, no one in the front, then I thought of the west side of the shed, not a soul, then just as I was going to call out B & D here they come around the North side, she pushing her stroller and Sophie following her, happy as can be!!!
ReplyDeleteBella and I are it! We have so fun together. It's always sad to see them leave. Two more weeks and they will be closer for a while!
Bry looked very handsome in his graduation suit his mom bought and Mont stocked him up with matching ties, shoes, socks and shirts. Talk about GQ!
I was working in the yard Saturday and had a wheel barrow full of leaves to dump. Bryan came out with Joley and I said "Bry will you open the gate pleae?" I dumped the load and locked the gate and then Bella saw Sophie over at the neighbors. She said, "Bry open the gate for Sophie"! Then that night after I read her her bedtime story that was a book about einsy tensy spider...her mom said "sing it bella" so she sang einsy teensy spider went up the water spout...amen"
Oh and here's Nick's latest:
Nick came over Sunday and went into grandpa's study and said "granpa I'm here"! You had to be there! We we stayed at grand america, in came in the first morning and I said, " nick what are you doing? do you want to climg up in bed and watch cartoons with grandpa?" " no, I'm just checkin on ya...