Today at church the speaker talked about the importance of following the good impressions that come into our minds. One was about Pres. Monson who felt impressed to go visit Marion D Hanks who is now in a rest home suffering from Alzheimers.
I remember Elder Hanks at a football game at USU. He ran onto the field leading hundreds of kids, ages about 10 to 14. They separated into different groups and in time to music, completed different kinds of exercises, showing how to have fun yet keep fit. I was saddened to learn about his current situation.
Pres. Monson was sorting thru some photographs and found a picture of Elder Hanks college baseball team. He felt impressed to take it with him. When he started the visit, Elder Hanks did not recognize him. but when he showed the photo to Elder Hanks, the brain clicked in and he named off every player. Pres. Monson hurriedly called the family and because he felt impressed to do a simple thing like show a picture to a sick man, that man's family was able to visit with him, express their love to him, and hear him call them by name and speak his love to them. What a difference that must have made to the family!
Usually when I feel impressed to do something and don't respond, I'm sorry for it later. I'm trying to listen more carefully because when I have listened it brings joy for having helped someone.
Yesterday was Addie's dance recital. The costumes and music are always fabulous. It is a bit long though! In Arizona, it was Avery and Chloe's dance recital on Friday night. Jon went on Father and Son outing with Hunter and got to bring home a pet lizard. Today it lost it's tail. That will be a good nature lesson for the kids when he grows a new one!
Today was my birthday. Yesterday I fixed potato salad and baked beans. Today Mont grilled steaks and Dani cooked corn. We ate outside on the patio for the first time this summer! I love eating outdoors!
Dani and Bryan worked hard bringing out dishes and tables and food! Nichole watched the kids out in front coming down the driveway on their trikes and scooters and bikes and made sure no one crashed into the cars in the garage. The kids were swinging and playing kick ball and chasing Sophie after dinner. They got a yummy cake from Dick's in Bountiful. It took 3 trys to blow out the candles. Lyssa, Jon and the kids called and sang happy birthday.
Then all of a sudden everything was cleaned up and they were gone!
It was so quiet! the birds were singing like crazy! The neighbors got a new white horse. It was nervous and walked the perimeter of the pasture. The sun was setting in the west! What a wonderful day!
I have the distinct impression that I am too young to be this old!!!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You are young...and sounded like a wonderful party and wished we could be there...but you'll be here next week! Can't wait! Love you!
ReplyDelete